Menu

CLE Reading grade 2

mom2kando

Hi! Just a quick question about the reading program and the sample stories I am viewing. For grade 2 the story I see looks quite long for a single reading session. If you use the program would you be able to share with me a little more about the pacing of the lessons? Thanks a bunch

Hi there!  My daughter just finished it this past year and loved it.  She is a strong reader though.  I could imagine it being a little much (the way they pace it) for a child who doesn't read to themselves quite so well.  However, remember that is what it is trying to develop.  SO, you could spread the reading out over two sessions.  It generally has you read the day BEFORE you answer questions about the passage, so you could do it in AM and then PM and then split up the reading aloud portion.  We always did team reading for the reading aloud....just because.  

I would say you could adjust to fit your child, but the curriculum really is great.  I hope you enjoy it!!  

• Like 1

Perfect! Just what I needed to know. I like the AM/PM idea. My son is a strong reader, but I don't think will have the stamina to read the whole story himself yet. Maybe I'll start the year team reading and move him along through the year.