Menu

Hakim and Zinn Together?

skirch

I'm just curious, has anyone used the Hakim History of US books (not the concise edition) along with Zinn's A Young People's History of the Untied States? I'm planning to use these books for American History next year, and wanted to know before I sit down to do it,  if someone has already matched up the Zinn chapters with the Hakim books. I'd love to see what you have if you've done it. 

I typed a long response but it got deleted. Basically I am currently putting Zinn with Hakim's condensed version for next year and adding in another spine: History Alive: The US. I did not find anything already lined up. I did find a guide to Zinn's book (if I can find where I will come back and add a link). Maybe Teachers pay Teachers???

I am using the History Alive as an outline then going back and filling in with Hakim and Zinn. In your shoes I would divide the Hakim as they are much more in depth then go back and add in Zinn to the chapters that match.

I am using the History Alive as an outline then going back and filling in with Hakim and Zinn. In your shoes I would divide the Hakim as they are much more in depth then go back and add in Zinn to the chapters that match.

Thank you, that's basically what I started doing, then thought I'd ask here.

That would be great if you find the link to the Zinn guide - thanks!