Menu

MCT Level 5?

Rosepetal

Hello!

I have to buy MCT Level 5 books and need help to understand what to buy.  

Does anyone know the difference between MCT Homeschool Parent Manual and Teacher Manual for The Magic Lens I, The Word Within the Word I, 4Practice I, Advanced Academic Writing I, andPoetry and Humanity?and Does the Parent Manual and Teacher Manual contain all the student texts? 

Should I buy these only?

1.  The Magic Lens I: Parent Manual

2.  The Word Within the Word I: Parent Manual

3.  Poetry and Humanity: Teacher Manual

4.  Advanced Academic Writing I: Teacher Manual

5.  4Practice I: Teacher Manual

Buying these individually will cost me $125. Would these be enough or what do you recommend?

What does the Advanced Academic Writing 1 Teacher Manual contain?Answers for all the exercises and what 

about writing questions(Options -which has usually 5 or 6 qs.?)How do you use the questions?

Thanks for reading!

Okay, I'll take a stab at this.  Are  you familiar and having been using MCT materials up to now?  So WWW is fairly different from CE, and I don't really like it as well as the CE series.  Since I just bought another copy of WWW1 I can tell you that the TM has the word and stem lists, the incongrous essays on Greek life, the Mystery Questions, Spelling Tests (?), and the Tests.   The TM does not have the example sentences,  "Ideas" (which we started skipping) and Analogies (which we also skip).  So I would say that yes you can get away with just the TM.  

The WWW series is kinda meh in my opinion, but I plan to use it anyway, then move on to Wordly Wise.  

I didn't care for the other books, so I gave them all away.  

Edited by daijobu