Menu

Opinions on FLVS English, French & Latin

Well, while FLVS classes are not typically difficult, they are typically a lot of work. I don't have experience with either English or French, but my oldest did FLVS Latin 1 and 2, and two of my children have now done FLVS Spanish. The child who did Latin had already had Latin with me at home, and I remember thinking how overwhelming the course would be to a kid coming in to Latin cold. IMO their language classes dump A LOT of info on the student in a short amount of time, so it seems that 2 such language classes at once would be asking a lot.

On top of that, SL 100 is, as I recall, heavy on the English/Language Arts side. So it seems an online English on top of it would be a bit of duplication.

My advice would be to at least stagger the starts, don't do all three FLVS classes at once. Try one, and get a good start in it. If it's going well, add another. You can start at anytime if you are doing their part-time program.

• Like 1