Menu

AP Physics C with PA Homeschoolers, which teacher?

My son is registered for physics with Jeff Lanctot for next year. The other teacher is new to PA Homeschoolers but is a known teacher and has sample classes and student reviews elsewhere on the internet. Both sound like good teachers, but with different styles.

I made my decision based on what I perceived to be class format and style after reading reviews, looking at samples, asking some questions of the teachers and knowing my son's learning style. From everything I can gather, both sound like good classes, but very different formats (and books). I like the Giancoli book and am not familiar with the other textbook.

• Like 1

My son took AP Physics B, AP Calc AB, and AP Physics C (mech and E&M) with Mr. Lanctot.  The class was well organized, and ds really enjoyed all the classes he had with Mr. Lanctot.  My ds is in a speech and debate club, and occasionally he would have a tournament on Saturday when exams were normally due.  It was never a problem for ds to schedule the exam early (although usually Mr. Lanctot would just have him take it on Sunday).

• Like 1

My son took AP Physics B, AP Calc AB, and AP Physics C (mech and E&M) with Mr. Lanctot.  

Thank you!  I see that he only teaches Calc AB and not BC.  I'm not sure how to decide whether he should do AB or BC.  The public school here splits it up and kids do two full years, AB and then BC.  I think it might be nice to have the same teacher for both, but I had been thinking it would be better for him to do BC.