Menu

Histories paired with Alternate Histories

I really like the thought and twists that go into alternate history stories.  It's interesting to hypothesize on what would have happened and read the author's theories.  Unfortunately my history knowledge is woefully inadequate, so I feel like I miss the nuances (and probably the significance of whole scenes).

I would like to read a good, accurate non-fiction history or biography and then read an alternative history with its take on the events.  I would love to have a list of such pairings.

Any avid readers and/or history buffs want to help me start?

Edited by Joules

I really like the thought and twists that go into alternate history stories.  It's interesting to hypothesize on what would have happened and read the author's theories.  Unfortunately my history knowledge is woefully inadequate, so I feel like I miss the nuances (and probably the significance of whole scenes).

I would like to read a good, accurate non-fiction history or biography and then read an alternative history with its take on the events.  I would love to have a list of such pairings.

Any avid readers and/or history buffs want to help me start?

Oh, I would prefer books, but, for some people, MOOCS or Teaching Company courses might be as useful for the pairings.