Menu

Song School Latin 2: Teacher's Manual optional?

edeemarie

We are currently finishing up Song School Latin book 1 and are looking at purchasing book 2. We have done fine using book 1 without the teacher's manual and just using the student book with the cd.

For those that have experience with SSL 2, is the teacher's manual optional for that book as well, or should we purchase it?

Thanks!

I never used the TM for SSL 1. We are now in SSL 2 and I have referenced it a few times. I have tired, pregnant brain which is making it hard for me to keep up with Latin. I think it could probably be done without it, but you might have to go back to earlier lessons to check answers. I have a hard time remembering all the Latin phrases. But I'm not even halfway through the book so hopefully someone who has gone all the way through will home in.

• Like 1

I didn't use the TE for SSL1 but I did once for SSL2. I mainly got it for the extra activities in the back. For us to be sucessful I wanted to make sure we were really learning the vocab. The activities gave us that extra day or more (review weeks) of practice. I feel confident he can do LfCA in 3rd grade without a huge jump. I have two children to put through Latin. They are 2 years apart so the cost wasn't that much when I divided by two.

• Like 1

I actually really like using the DVD. A little corny...but we really like using it. It connects the vocabulary to real life, funny stories.

TE isn't totally needed except if you want the extra worksheets in the back. Mine seems to like doing them. However if you buy it as a package, the TE comes with it. We like the flash cards because you can play games with them.

• Like 2