Menu

Harry potter and essential oils. If you have read HP and use oils, please check in!

athomeontheprairie

Thanks to a recent HP thread, I'm planning a special 11 yo Hogwarts birthday.

For herbology/potions supplies, I'd like to put together a lot of various oils, cans, herbs, supplies and a "book". The book would include recipes for HP related potions. All supplies and book would be stored in a homemade up trunk.

Things like:

Spider spray

Focus cream

Healing balm

Bath bombs

Sleeping spray

Things that have a tie in with the books, but use oils/herbs. Fun, easy recipes. Ideas? Thoughts?

For dd's HP party, we made Felix Felicis (Liquid Luck). I adjusted a recipe I found online (but I have no idea where):

¼ oz ( ½ Tbsp.) simple syrup  (1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, heat until dissolved, then cool)

¼ oz ( ½ Tbsp.) lemon juice

Sparkling grape or apple juice

I gave the ingredients HP names. I think I used some of the ones from the felix felicis recipe in the books. We used the bottles from a message-in-a-bottle necklace kit I got at Oriental Trading so they could wear them around and drink them when they needed extra luck. They loved it!

We did a couple of other potions, but they were mostly science experiment-type stuff (think baking soda and vinegar) and not intended to keep.