Menu

Looking for the title of a lost book

I'm looking for a series (trilogy?) of books about miniature people, but I can't remember a whole lot of specific details.  There was a girl who found and helped an injured miniature flying horse, and crawled through a tunnel into an isolated forest protected by stinging nettles/lots of overgrowth where these knee-high people lived.  There was some magic in the book, and I think it went back and forth between present time and stories from long ago (maybe a great aunt of the girl, who also found this hidden world, and was deemed crazy because of the fairy tale stories she told and insisted they were true).  I remember there was a picture taken of the long-ago girl holding the bridle for the miniature horse.  The present-day girl was spending a summer on her uncle's farm.  I think I read them in 2006 or 2007, but don't know how old they were at that point.

I've not found much through Google, and even called the library where I checked them out, and they had no idea.  I did find that someone else has been looking for these books too though: http://w1.loganberrybooks.com/stumpthebookseller/?p=3236

Any suggestions?  I would love to share these books with my children, if only I could locate them!

I do believe you are talking about the Touchstone trilogy by Steve Augarde! Girl is called Midge, and she goes to stay at her uncle's farm where she encounters the tiny Various people...and helps an injured winged horse named Pegs?

ETA: Book 1 is The Various, Book 2 is called Celandine, and book 3 is Winter Wind.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/68923163

Edited by Kerileanne99