Menu

Anyone try Bookshark US history 3rd/4th grade?

displace

I'm considering Bookshark US history teacher's manual. It seems like the whole third grade year focuses a lot on US history (read alouds, readers, etc). I was just going to just read aloud Story of US and watch documentaries but I'm intrigued by a literature focus. Any experience?

• 4 months later...

Replying because I'm wondering the same thing. I haven't found a history curriculum I love yet. Or that DS likes for that matter. 1st grade we did SOTW and this year we're doing History Odyssey. I like HO a bit better than just SOTW, but DS seems to enjoy history focused literature better - we just finished Knights of the Round Table and he loved it. Curious if Bookshark's history program is working for anyone? 

I've done grade 1, and next year we'll be in grade 2. Grades 1 and 2 cover ancient history. Grade 2 begins with the decline of the Roman Empire. You could get 2nd grade history with the advanced (3rd grade) readers if you would prefer world history. I'm very pleased after our first year with Bookshark history and am looking forward to next year. Check out the website FAQS on the course and check the customize option for reading levels.

Thanks for answering! Are you just doing the history? Or did you get the whole program? DS doesn't love SOTW and I don't like it as much as I want to like it, if that makes sense. We need something different next year. It does look a bit pricey - do you feel as if you got good value for the price? 

Thank you so much for your input!

• Like 1