Menu

Taking a deep breath, thought I had bed bugs!

KatieJ

DH has traveled-extensively in the states and Germany this summer and fall. His recent trip was three weeks ago. Today I was changing sheets and found two dead bugs on the mattress pad. Yes, this not the first time I had changed sheets since he got home.

They do not look like bed bug photos,and there are no " brown spots" anywhere on the pad, or mattress.

They were by his feet side of the bed. I do recall him saying he had been bitten by something but it's been awhile.

I am feeling something. Creeped out, crawly, thankful, I am all over the place right now.

Ok, back to my laundry day.

Edited by KatieinMich
  • Like 1

Yes, we "brought" them home from a one-night stay near a medical center in 2011. DD and I had bites that swelled up some days afterwards, so I stripped and washing everything in the bedrooms. I found two in my bed that definitely were bedbugs.

Thankfully nothing since, although we do occasionally travel. I'm super-paranoid though and inspect the room with my flashlight before anything comes in. All luggage stays outside in black garbage bags until I can wash everything and bake the bags in the sun.