Menu

MP Christian Studies Anyone from a Catholic point of view use this?

Jennifer in NH

MP Christian Studies? Any catholics around here who have used this? I was wondering if you liked it, if there is anything else out there, if there are major or minor concerns?

I have been to All Catholic books to see that they have a download for the memory verses from a Catholic Bible...so If I use this program I will use the memory verses from the free download...

but is the Christian Studies program a good one?

Thanks in advance.....

Jenny

I am Orthodox - and we are using it. It is very non-denominational (and I think in fact some of the MP people are Catholic). It is not a devotional or doctrinal study - rather it is like a literature study. You read the section from Golden Children's Bible, then look over a set of phrases or vocab related. Then there is a memory verse (we do not memorize these, I prefer other selections) and a few questions about the verse. Then there is a series of questions about the reading, and a map assignment (ie find Jerusalem on a map). Very workbook, definitely NO reformed or protestant overtones I have come across. The questions are pretty much "content" questions such as "what did Joseph do to test his brothers to see if they had truly changed?" or "What did Moses do with the golden calf." It is not meant to do anything other than make children familiar with the stories of the Bible (much the same way they would study the Greek Myths) so I consider it a good study for anyone. It does not serve as our "devotional" studies, we do something completely different for that.