Menu

Anyone here use Illuminations?

Blessedx9

Hi!  I just found Illuminations yesterday and honestly, it looks to be just what I have been pining for!  Anyone have any experience with it?  What do you like/dislike about it?  Any info is helpful!  TIA :)

Shari

ETA:  The only problem that I have is that it is not Catholic :(  Are there any Catholics on here that use MOH?  What do you do to make it work?  

I have not used it as is, but have enjoyed many of their book selections. The whole package was never a perfect fit here, plus the levels were coming out JUST as we were ready to use them--not giving me enough time to evaluate before starting each school year. I've always been intrigued with them though. Sorry I can't give the Catholic perspective though! 

That's ok.  Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with it. :)  I like the resources that it uses, (I even own most of them already) except that I don't know very much about MOH, other than a lot of people love it.  I love that it schedules everything for you.  In this busy season of my life, I really think something more open-and-go is best for us.  I also like that it has discussion questions, copywork, notebooking pages, etc. included as I've been wanting to add in those elements and just felt that I didn't have time.  Hopefully, someone will chime in that has used it as is?  

• 2 months later...

Shari... did you end up going with illuminations?  I just found it myself, and I am drooling over the literature guides and everything it has.  I would tweak a few things, but honestly for the most part, I can see me using the rest as is.  

I was doing a search, which is why your post has been resurrected:)