Menu

How much do contacts run??

with the talk below, I was wondering how much they run. Ds has been wanting them for 2yrs now and I didn't let him because I didn't think he was ready. He will be 12 next month. He will be 12 1/2 when he has his next eye exam. I think he would do fine with them.

My db told me they pay around $36 a month for his dd's. $432 is WAY to much, ds's glasses aren't that much!

I was 11 when I first got contacts and everyone thought I was too young. But I was very responsible. If your child loses a contact make them pay to replace it, it me work harder to take care of them. BUT I LOVED my contacts and have never looked back. When your eyes are bad, glasses stink because you always have to wear them.

Anyway, just a quick plug to let him at least try!

Cost can depend on prescription. My dd has very severe astigmatism and we have to special order her contacts. Each pair lasts about a month and cost is close to $1 per day. You can get contacts much cheaper if you don't have an extreme problem such as ours.