Menu

What do you do when one of your children is just a jerk?

8circles

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, he's been in TKD for 4(?) years now. He has missed a lot this summer with camps and vacations, but we'll be more regular starting next week.

Problem: He has always LOVED it. He's really quite good, if I can say that. Except he earned his black belt this spring and now feels like he's BTDT. (this is a very well-respected Dojo that doesn't just crank-out black belts) One of his instructors has been explaining to him how getting your black belt isn't the end, it's the beginning - now he has a solid foundation & can really learn and blossom into a martial artist - or something like that. So he's just being a very difficult human being right now.

I spoke to him a few months ago about how having such a poor attitude (& being rude to siblings) wasn't appropriate behavior for a black-belt. His disinterest in continuing TKD started then. So I don't know if I just made the problem worse or what.

I'd talk top the Masters. They can be great helps and mentors.

• Like 1