Menu

Veritas Press literature Question

ByGrace3

I am sure this has been asked before...in fact I am sure I have read about it but I can't remember and a search couldn't find it...so...

Is the VP Literature selections intended to be readers or read alouds? We are doing self paced history NTGR...I have most of the combined level package books--- not all, and just curious how they are intended to be used. Some look like they would be readers and others, probably would work better as read alouds. Obviously I know we can do what we want ;) just wondering if anyone knew what VP recommends. 

Thank  you! 

Yes. Both. That is to say, all of the above. Hand some to the kid to read independently. Read aloud or skip whatever is over their ability.

ok Thanks. I assumed that is what we would do. Some are easy reads and some others I wouldn't feel comfortable handing over alone...I was just curious what was intended. 

I have quite a few of the easier reads and we will definitely do all of those-- just curious, would you skip/definitely do any of these (with a 10 and 8 yo)?

Sparrow Alone

Twice Freed

Tirzah

Against the World

Theras and His Town

Hittite Warrior

Thanks!

Sparrow Alone - I don't think I've read this one.

Twice Freed - Preread this. *I* read it young without adult input. The Roman temple worship scenes were a trip that didn't make sense until I was older. I wouldn't just hand it to any kid without keeping the discussion wide open. My teens read it in middle school apart from ancient history.

Tirzah - Yes.

Against the World - Yes, but not a "definite"

Theras and His Town - Yes.

Hittite Warrior - Probably best skipped until the next cycle.

• Like 2

Sparrow Alone - I don't think I've read this one.

Twice Freed - Preread this. *I* read it young without adult input. The Roman temple worship scenes were a trip that didn't make sense until I was older. I wouldn't just hand it to any kid without keeping the discussion wide open. My teens read it in middle school apart from ancient history.

Tirzah - Yes.

Against the World - Yes, but not a "definite"

Theras and His Town - Yes.

Hittite Warrior - Probably best skipped until the next cycle.

Thank you!!!