Menu

Beast Academy 3 or 4?

jenniferp8

I’m looking at getting Beast Academy for my “to be†4th grader this fall but not sure which level.  In looking at the website she has most of the basics it recommends before going into level 4 but I’m wondering if I should get level 3 for her first for the practice in “thinking mathematicallyâ€? I think the basic concepts will be a review but I’m wondering if the workbook puzzles and practice would be worth doing level 3 first just to get her brain used to looking for different ways of solving problems.

Any thoughts?

Jen

I think it would be well worth it.  3A has two chapters on geometry that are really challenging, far more in-depth than any other 3rd (or 4th) grade material I've seen.  The perfect squares chapter makes multiplication make sense.  The multiplication chapter builds on the geometric principles. I could go on and on . . . 

My 3rd grader only got through 3A and 3B using it as a supplement last year. She'll be staring on 3C along with her regular 4th grade math this year.  It's plenty challenging for a 4th grader. As you say, getting used to the problem solving approach with material that is somewhat familiar is a great plan. It won't all be familiar, though!

• Like 2