Menu

Just found out about this college

Teachin'Mine

It seems like an absolute gem for the right student.  It's the Richard Bland College of the College of William and Mary.  It's a two year college in Virginia and has very low tuition, IS about 5.5K and OOS about 15K, and also has room and board available.  It has a unique relationship with W&M as it's possible to have guaranteed transfer if certain conditions are met including a 3.25GPA.  RB students are also able to take classes towards their major at W&M while enrolled at RB. Nice!   It's been around since 1960 but the residential village was added in 2008.  Stats for students are much lower than at W&M so it could be a great opportunity for a student to shine and end up with a W&M diploma.  

I'm sure most VA residents know about this, but I thought it might appeal to some OOS students as well as the overall cost is lower than most residential colleges.   I don't know if a student can establish VA residency while attending - maybe while working part time and taking classes part time?   Maybe living off campus for a year and then applying as a VA resident?   Not sure, but it might be something to look into if interested.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...