Menu

Lost Tools of Writing 2 or Attuneup

If you've used either of these outsourced classes, would you please share your opinion about the class and the curriculum itself?  We have a relationship with a teacher that is offering LToW 2 (my daughter completed LToW 1 two years ago), but I'm drawn to Attuneup as well.

Thanks in advance!

Since your DD completed LToW1 two years ago, I would guess that she's well beyond the courses offered currently by AttuneUp. The Time Capsule course starts at the basics of writing good sentences and paragraphs, and introduces the essay form by the end. Essay Practitioner builds on that by giving the student more practice writing several additional essays. The essays I've seen coming out of Essay Practitioner are basic middle-school level writing.

On the other hand, Lost Tools of Writing II is targeted to rhetoric-level. If I was in your shoes, and had a teacher available for outsourcing LToW2, I'd definitely go for that option.

• Like 3