Menu

Hake Grammar - is the kit essential?

abrightmom

Just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. I intend to place DS 11 in Hake for grammar. CBD sells a kit that includes a student textbook, student workbook and teacher's packet. I assume these are all essential. I do prefer the workbook if it streamlines things for my son.

Here's the kit I'm looking at though I'm not sure if I'll choose 5 or 6. http://www.christianbook.com/hakes-grammar-writing-grade-6-kit/stephen-hake/9781419098376/pd/998376?event=ESRCG

I only use the student text and only the grammar, but the answers are in the teacher packet.  I think the teacher packet is essentially useless otherwise.  I didn't care for the writing stuff at all. 

So depends on how comfortable you are with not having an answer key.  I think I looked up an answer once.

• Like 1

Unless things have changed since I bought it, the student textbook contains the grammar lessons. The student workbook contains the writing lessons and a few extra grammar practice sheets (which we've never needed or used). This isn't explained clearly in the descriptions. If you don't want the writing lessons, you won't need the workbook.

The TM contains the answer keys and tests.

We only used the textbook and the TM. I treat the textbook as consumable and let DS write in it.

• Like 1

Unless things have changed since I bought it, the student textbook contains the grammar lessons. The student workbook contains the writing lessons and a few extra grammar practice sheets (which we've never needed or used). This isn't explained clearly in the descriptions. If you don't want the writing lessons, you won't need the workbook.

The TM contains the answer keys and tests.

We only used the textbook and the TM. I treat the textbook as consumable and let DS write in it.

Thanks for clearing this up! The description doesn't make these details clear. I don't want the writing lessons so I'll pass on the workbook for sure. 

• Like 1