Menu

Well, then. DH is thinking about moving. Not sure if I'm on board.

mommymonster

I would only move to another city if the job opportunities were better for all of you in the new city. Low cost of living will be of no help if there are few jobs. I would definitely consider downsizing in your present city though or the new one if it has better job opportunities. Also, a rural place is likely to have less social opportunities IMHO.

We relocated away from our families for job opportunity and have no regrets at all. We still visit our families several times a year. Our previous home had very little in the way of job or educational opportunities.

Tell me how this could potentially work out well.

You could start a homeschool group that all the people who have been bemoaning the lack of support could join.  It could happen.

We are going through something similiar.  Dh's company is relocating us, again.  I'm not sorry due to TRAFFIC and COL.  But the kids and I have built a good life here.  It isn't worth it, because dh's commute has become horrendous.  We bought our house based on location (less than 4 miles to work), then it changed to about 24 miles (common in the area, commute 45-60 minutes -- okay for a job you love), and now he is working 55 miles (which is 2+ hours in traffic)...  So we are moving.