Menu

Literature

I'm struggling with lit planning for the fall. DS will be in 8th but I may want to count this year as 9th down the road, so I need a HS level (easier is ok). I'm looking for an easy to implement plan/program that will cover classic literature. I'm unsure if I want a specific time period or genre; I need help! I was ready to do Ancient history and lit, but now he's changed to human geography instead. Should I keep Ancient lit or do something different? I feel overwhelmed by choices.

• Like 1

I'm struggling with lit planning for the fall. DS will be in 8th but I may want to count this year as 9th down the road, so I need a HS level (easier is ok). I'm looking for an easy to implement plan/program that will cover classic literature. I'm unsure if I want a specific time period or genre; I need help! I was ready to do Ancient history and lit, but now he's changed to human geography instead. Should I keep Ancient lit or do something different? I feel overwhelmed by choices.

We are in the same boat. I'm leaning toward still doing Ancient lit because there are books I want to read and discuss with her from that time period. 

I think what's most important is doing something you are both excited about or at least not dreading.  ;)

• Like 1

http://www.lampstandbookshelf.com/ZC/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=98_150

I'm currently in the 3rd week of TOG's new stand-alone Literature Studies for Young Adults: The Ancients with a soon to be 14 and a 12 year old. I'm in the same boat. This will be 8th grade for 14 year old, but later we may want it to be 9th grade. The 12 year old does portions of the program which is already set up for 2 levels of work.

Here is the link to a sample.

http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/company/products/lisya.php#1

• Like 2