Menu

Rosetta Stone 1 Homeschool ed.

3rugrats

I just installed Rosetta Stone German 1 in preparation for the coming school year. It's not the homeschool edition, so this might be different. But for the younger ages, you would choose just the speaking and listening setting (as opposed to speaking, listening, reading and writing). From what I've done myself in checking things out, with this setting, you just repeat things you've learned or move the mouse and click to certain things it tells you. It does also show the words, but doesn't require reading it as they say it for the user. Hopefully this makes sense.

So yes, this would work fine for 1st/2nd grade. However, if you WANT them to do the writing, I don't know how that would relate to a not so strong writer, I've just chosen to go without, probably for a few years (since my upcoming 3rd grader is not up to age level in writing either). 

I just installed Rosetta Stone German 1 in preparation for the coming school year. It's not the homeschool edition, so this might be different. But for the younger ages, you would choose just the speaking and listening setting (as opposed to speaking, listening, reading and writing). From what I've done myself in checking things out, with this setting, you just repeat things you've learned or move the mouse and click to certain things it tells you. It does also show the words, but doesn't require reading it as they say it for the user. Hopefully this makes sense.

So yes, this would work fine for 1st/2nd grade. However, if you WANT them to do the writing, I don't know how that would relate to a not so strong writer, I've just chosen to go without, probably for a few years (since my upcoming 3rd grader is not up to age level in writing either). 

thank you for sharing what you've learned so far. We did install it, but I've only looked through things briefly. I think I will opt out of the writing portions then too. I'm only looking for exposure at this point.