Menu

CLE's Learning to Read vs. Memoria Press' First Start Reading

I'm debating between CLE's LTR and Memoria Press' First Start Reading for my rising kindergartner. She's nearly 6, can already read CVC words and has a decent tolerance for writing. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of either of these two programs?

(We already use other CLE and Memoria Press products with our older children.)

I'm using LTR and liking it. Look at the samples though and see if you can go ahead to the 1st grade reading. You will surely need to skip some of the units in LTR. Good thing about it is that it's cheap:). Haven't used memoria press. Wouldn't use LTR with a kid who disliked writing, but yours will be fine sounds like.

I haven't used MP. I moved 2nd DD who could read CVC words into the 2nd half of LTR. We started with 106 and it worked great! The rest of the phonics are mostly in LA 1 and 2, so that is something to consider as well. We really like CLE, DD 3 is currently using LTR (from the beginning) and we plan to keep using it with all our children.