Menu

Junior Level Language Arts

It has been years since I posted here!  Ha!  Fun to be back and read.  So many names I don't recognize (or course) and a few I do still.  We found and fell in love with Heart of Dakota pretty early on, so, for YEARS, I was set on curriculum.  So many things have happened over the years leading us to finally put away our beloved HOD for both kids.  My older son is going to be a junior this year (I so remember typing out his 6th grade curriculum list in my signature too!  Where did that time go??!) and I am trying to get him as college ready as possible.  Last year, we used a combo approach to English/Lit, and while I loved the grammar and writing we did, the literature left something to be desired.  It was mostly, "hey, read this!"  So, this year, I picked up Switched on Schoolhouse English III and plan to give it a try.  However, after looking at it last night, I am none too impressed.  So - this long post to ask, if you have a high school LA that you love, be it an AIO or mix-match, please share with me.

NOTE:  Last year, we used Easy Grammar ultimate for 10th grade and Essentials in Writing 10.  We loved both of those.  The lit was what I felt was really lacking for us.