Menu

Still not reading, help, suggestions, anything!

nknapp5

My DD 8 close to 9 is reading at a K level.  I have tried many programs with her.  She tells me she can read and doesn't want to bother with it.  I have gotten to the point where I don't want to try to teach her anymore b/c it is such a battle!  She would do art projects all day if she could.  There aren't any eye issues or any other type of "learning" issues I can figure out.  Her brother 7 is progressing fast and that will anger her but not enough to work with me.  We have had a lot of crying and fighting over this and not sure where to go with it.  DH is now looking at me as to why she doesn't read, I am feeling pressure now!  I have read many threads where the child isn't reading well but still seems to progress, she has been reading at this level for a few years now and still doesn't seem to click.  Any suggestions?  Should I stop everything and just work on this for the summer?  What do you do if your child just does not want to do it, no matter what!?!