Menu

5th Grade - Critical Skills/Focus as we transition to Logic Stage?

pocjets

My daughter will be in 5th grade this coming school year. When looking at her course load for next year, I tend to want to try to teach her/expose her to everything. I could probably give her 15 subjects if I wanted to do so. However, I really think I want to pull back this year and focus on the fundamentals that will be needed for the logic stage work (and beyond.) If that includes ancient sand art, then we'll do it! :) I was just hoping you might could help me come up with a list of "must have" skills/subjects for moving to the next level.

Thank you!

Good math skills, good writing skills and a willingness to think about things over time and a decent attitude toward studying were the Logic skills I was aiming for. I found that Math, Latin and Composition as subjects go a long way to teaching the above quite well for us in the past year. 

No need for ancient sand art. Although they do have quite a mountain range built in the back yard...