Menu

8th grade ACT Scores stay on record, correct?

My 8th grade son took the ACT.  If I remember correctly, I do not have to take any action to keep those scores on record.  I believe that they stay on record automatically, and that it is only the SAT that requires specific action to keep 8th grade scores.

Am I correct?

Thanks!

• Like 2

You are correct. You don't have to do anything to retain those scores.

My son takes the ACT through NUMATS.

Here's what NUMATS says, "ACT does retain scores, but parents need not worry. The testing agency will not report a particular score to a specific college or university unless your child directs them to do so. Keep in mind that your child is likely to take the ACT many times in grades 10 through 12, and only those scores he/she specifically designates will be sent to colleges or universities of choice."

I know from experience with my older kids that this is the case. When you send scores to colleges, you choose which test administration's score reports you want to send.

• Like 2

They DO NOT keep scores for kids under 13. It is an Internet digital privacy thing. You have to grant consent for them to keep digital records. Most eighth graders are 13, so in most instances they are kept without you doing anything.

If you are even remotely worried, the College Board actually has remarkably good customer service if you call them. Email, not so much (in our experience). Phone calls must be getting rarer, because they are quite responsive if connected by actual person to person connection.

• Like 1

The ACT (which is not administered by College Board) *does* keep scores for younger students. They are not available online until the student is over 13, nor is the student permitted to register for the ACT online until they are over 13. A talent search participant who takes the ACT when they are younger will receive their scores through the talent search, not via the ACT online.

The College Board administers the SAT, not the ACT, and they do remove SAT scores unless asked to keep them.

• Like 3

I tried calling the College Board once about the AP International Diploma after my email went unanswered. My voice message was never returned. A second email did get a response, though. Which reminds me that I should update my old thread about the AP International Diploma if I can find it.

• Like 1