Menu

Stanford 10 Online/ Testing Level?

Paige

I'm thinking about giving all of my kids an end of year standardized test this year. We aren't required to do it and it would be for my own use and possibly will help me decide what to work on over the summer. I may send DS(13) and DD(7) to school next year and I want an idea of where they are.

The Stanford Online one which seems the easiest to administer for me has levels for all of my kids but my youngest. It starts at 3rd grade online and she's in 2nd. I'm wondering how much of a bad idea it would be to just test her in the 3rd grade level and look at the results knowing she's a year behind? She's young for 2nd grade, but she is working on mid to end of year 3rd grade math and doing several 3rd grade level grammar and reading programs. I bet she's not 3rd grade level with writing, science or social studies. Would I get useful enough information from a test out of level like that or is she much better off being compared to actual 2nd graders like herself? I kind of think she would ace the 2nd grade test, but maybe I am over confident. I have no intention of skipping her a grade because she's already young for her grade. My DDs(11) will not be going to PS next year regardless of what their siblings do.