Menu

AP physics C mechanics equation sheet question

My ds is taking the AP physics C mechanics exam next week, and we seem to be finding conflicting information about the equation sheet. Does anyone know if you get the equation sheet for the multiple choice? Or do you just get it for the free response section?

This link seems to say you get the equations for the whole exam:

https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-physics-c-mechanics/calculator-and-table-policies

But everything else we've read seems to indicate you only get it for the free response.

I just read about this on the CB physics AP teacher forums:

"Equation sheets and calculators are available for the free response and multiple choice sections. This is true for AP P1, AP P2, AP C-mech, & AP C e&m. This is the first year for all of them to allow calculator & eqn sheets on the mc exam"

So it looks like an equation sheet will be available on the Physics C multiple choice sections for the first time this year.

• Like 3

The AP coordinator at the school DS will be taking his AP Physics C sent a note to all AP students stating that calculators were only allowed on Calculus, Chemistry and Statistics exams. DS almost had a heart attack. I had to check the College Board policy on calculator, and informed him calculators are allowed for all physics exams. Apparently this is a new change, and he did not know that. I'm glad we clarified that before exam day, or else it would definitely cause problems for my DS and other students.

• Like 1

The AP coordinator at the school DS will be taking his AP Physics C sent a note to all AP students stating that calculators were only allowed on Calculus, Chemistry and Statistics exams. DS almost had a heart attack. I had to check the College Board policy on calculator, and informed him calculators are allowed for all physics exams. Apparently this is a new change, and he did not know that. I'm glad we clarified that before exam day, or else it would definitely cause problems for my DS and other students.

Wow, it's good that the school sent the email in advance and you clarified before the exam day. Otherwise I'm sure that would have been a stressful situation on exam day.

• Like 1