Menu

ARe you are Spring/Summer person or fall/winter?

lynn

I'm mostly spring and summer.

I love spring because everything comes alive again. The trees get buds and then leaves and blooms. The flowers come out again. Everything is green. They days get longer. The mornings are cool and light and full of hope. The afternoons are warm and sunny. It definitely improves my moods and outlook when spring comes around. We have lots of picnics and play outside a lot.

I also love summer because it is so free. I have a summer birthday, too. And I love the consistently warm/hot weather. We go swimming a lot, catch lightening bugs, lie in the hammock, keep lots of popsicles or ice cream treats in the freezer, go on vacation or special trips.

I used to dread fall and really despise it when I was young. I think much of it may be that I associated fall with going back to school, even though I liked school for much of my childhood. And it also meant the end of summer and hot weather, which I loved. It was kind of depressing to me when the leaves all fell off the trees and the weather turned cold, and we knew we were in for a long winter (in Ohio). But when I was in college, I learned to like fall. Maybe it was because I loved college, so I didn't feel the sense of impending doom when school started again. And I began to appreciate the beauty of the leaves changing color, and to even enjoy the cool weather when you needed a sweater or jacket, but not a coat.

I've never really been a winter person, though. I love the first snowfall because it seems romantic and whimsical to me. And I love the holidays, but I really don't like the long stretch of cold weather and the lack of sunlight.