Menu

Is there a comprehensive list of geometry topics needed for the SAT?

I've looked around the internet a little, but am not confident I've found a comprehensive list.  The college board has a bulleted list--I think I'm not allowed to copy-paste, right?, but here's thse link: https://sat.collegeboard.org/practice/sat-practice-questions-math-concepts-geometry-measurement?pageId=practiceMathConcepts

But I'm not clear on whether they're promising that's comprehensive, and some of the items seem a little vague.

Does anyone else have any advice for where to look for this?

Thanks!

I've done tutoring for the SAT. I don't know what geometry topics will be on the new SAT, but on the current SAT, these are the things you need to know:

rules for angles when a transversal cuts across parallel lines (like "alternate exterior angles are congruent")

rules and proportions for similar triangles

how to tell when triangles are congruent and definitely know CPCTC (corresponding parts of congruent triangles are congruent)

exterior angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of the remote interior angles

triangle sum theorem - sum of interior angles of a triangle add to 180 degrees

area of a sector of a circle (although they do give you the formula for area of a circle and even tell you that a circle has 360 degrees)

how to find the SUM of the interior angles of a polygon

how to find the measure of the individual interior angles of a regular polygon

how to find the measure of the individual exterior angles of a regular polygon

Know that the sum of all the exterior angles of a polygon is 360 degrees, no matter how many sides the polygon has.

Know how to calculate area and volume, although they do provide you with some of the basic formulas in the little box at the beginning of each math section

• Like 1