Menu

Is Greenleaf Press Reliable?

I placed an order on March 30th. I received confirmation of the order, but whenever I check to see if it's shipped, it simply says processing. I sent an email last week asking for an update, but never received a reply. Are they usually this slow or should I call them? 

This is the company out of Lebanon, TN? I haven't ordered from them in years, but they are a veteran homeschool curriculum developer. They are a small company but I wouldn't have a problem ordering from them at all. Hope it arrives soon! We're used to that Amazon 2-day!

Lisa

• Like 2

I relied on them for years and they never lost a package. I can't remember shipping speed because this was for my millenials, but they are a trusted, respected company with an excellent reputation. Their materials were so good that it was never on the table to sell them for food/heat money and I am so excited to be starting all over again with my "caboose baby" in the Autumn.

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear that they are well thought of...I don't know that my package has even shipped. The whole order says it is "processing" and the funds haven't been taken out of my account. They haven't replied to either email or phone message, nor can I get someone on the phone. And yes, it's the one from Lebanon, Tennessee. I'll try to call again tomorrow. 

Still nothing. :( I sent two emails yesterday (I found a different email address) and have left phone messages yesterday and today. Unless someone has a good idea on how to contact them, I plan to order the items elsewhere and hope that this company doesn't decide to just ship them anyway at some point. 

Okay, finally. The third email address I found (a home email address for the owner) worked. He immediately emailed back and apologized. He said that something was wrong with the notification button telling them they had new orders. He said he would send it out tomorrow. I'm so glad that's settled.

• Like 3

Okay, finally. The third email address I found (a home email address for the owner) worked. He immediately emailed back and apologized. He said that something was wrong with the notification button telling them they had new orders. He said he would send it out tomorrow. I'm so glad that's settled.

Glad you got some resolution. I guess Greenleaf really isn't selling much anymore?! I enjoyed their materials and still have my favorites on my shelf to use with youngest two when they're a bit older.  

Lisa

• Like 2

Thank you for supporting a homeschooling pioneer's family business instead of a megacorporation, Slipper. Many of us are getting up there in years and spent our most productive time at Hotel Life investing in our families and what we (correctly or incorrectly) perceived to be a grassroots movement that would make the world a better place for future generations rather than in lucrative careers and 401Ks.

I'm so sorry you had trouble with your order and glad that it's resolved now.

• Like 2

Glad things are going well.  It would be disappointing if they weren't still selling curriculum. 

We love their Greenleaf Guides for the Famous Men series for our second 4 year rotation of world history.  You can use them as discussion like they were designed for, or you can transition your child into some independent work with them by requiring it all be written out.  When I was helping care for my grandparents at the end of their lives, it was a great way to stay on task with history without so much direct input from mom.

All the guides are easily put into a year long hanging file folder system (the minor adjustment being that the guides usually have about 30-33 assignments, so if you're doing 36 or 40 it's not a perfect fit, but it's really close) or in weekly workboxes, or you can just do the next thing with them if you're so inclined. 

I'm using mine on kid #3.  They were well worth the money.  If I need to bulk up a bit more literature I can easily supplement from my SOTW Activity Book literature lists or from All Through the Ages.

At the highschool level the guides for literature dovetail nicely with SWB's adult level history books.

• Like 3

Well...I'm not sure if it is resolved. My order still says processing, the money hasn't been taken out of my account, nobody is answering the phone and nobody is responding to email.

If anyone is planning to order from here, my suggestion is to place the order over the phone to make sure they are still in business. I'm going ahead and ordering what I can elsewhere. Disappointed. :( 

Well...I'm not sure if it is resolved. My order still says processing, the money hasn't been taken out of my account, nobody is answering the phone and nobody is responding to email.

If anyone is planning to order from here, my suggestion is to place the order over the phone to make sure they are still in business. I'm going ahead and ordering what I can elsewhere. Disappointed. :(

Thanks for the heads up. 

Okay, I finally received the order. It was missing the chart, but they did credit the amount. Frankly, after waiting so long I felt they should have discounted the shipping or something (which was $17), but they did send it. I would still call before ordering from them and they are on my "do not order from" list.