Menu

CHC Behold and See Science

I am very impressed with their 7/8 Life Science, but I wouldn't recommend it to a science-hater.  There isn't much math, but huge amounts of vocabulary and my biology-loving 8th grader failed the midterm. :glare:   The labs are very cool, and manageable at home.  Getting through it in one year has been tight: I can see why they have a two year option.   The workbook is totally self-driven, doesn't need much parent involvement, but can be time consuming (things like draw & label a cell's parts).

• Like 1

Love Behold and See. There have been a couple of years I wasn't super impressed with (I actually think that 6th was one of them), but I think it's a fabulous series in general. I agree that I wouldn't use the Life Science with a science hater, UNLESS you do the 2-year plan (in the individual subject lesson plans, you can purchase the 2 year plan, instead of the one year plan). The Life Science is pretty intense, imo (we'll be using it alongside some Ellen McHenry and literature over the next two years, for my daughter who *is* a Bio lover).

• Like 1