Menu

Pencil Sharpeners

How do I get lead out of a sealed electric pencil sharpener? I am going to lose my mind. I've thrown away too many of these stupid, infuriating sharpeners: mechanical, handheld, large manual, all kinds of brands, etc. and I don't feel like throwing away another. I think we've gone through more than 10 and that doesn't count the little handheld ones that don't work that well and get lost. 

It's one of those x-acto ones that is top loading, and the sharpener is difficult to get to from the side to pop the lead out from the bottom because of the plastic all around it. I have banged it as much as I can without breaking it. I have poked at it with tiny things w/ the battery out. I have not tried to completely take it apart so I can get to the sharpening device because it looks complicated and like I may not be able to put it back together. It's just a regular pencil stuck in there- I've already banned colored pencils from all but the handhelds.  :cursing: