Menu

s/o Helping and supporting *very* passionate kids

Greta

I didn't realise that her interests were verging into animation. Dundee has a thriving animation industry (the dreaded GTA is out of Dundee) and would be a lot cheaper than London..... It's not the most attractive city, but I could be her emergency contact if she ended up there.....

Thank you, Laura! While London is her first choice, she has said she would be happy going to school anywhere in the UK. And my husband would be much happier if she went some place less expensive than London, so there is that! :) If Dundee is a safe place, that's much more important to me than it being attractive and charming. I suspect that the vast majority of cities in the UK are safer than the one in which we currently live, because I know the overall crime rate in the US is higher *and* where we live is worse than the average for the US.

This is their entry requirements page.

Thanks, this is very helpful!

The article I linked above also mentioned Bournemouth, which might be more to your taste as a location. Here's their US page.

Thank you, I think I had run across this one in my searches. I'm completely ignorant of both locations, because London is the only place in the entire UK that I've ever been. But I will see what I can learn about them.

GL, we're in the US and our eldest is at university in the UK. PM me if you're interested in the application process story. The short version is: I actually think it's easier for US students than UK (US students pay more; so the universities have an incentive to take them! :laugh: )

Thank you, I am very interested!

Thank you, Laura! While London is her first choice, she has said she would be happy going to school anywhere in the UK. And my husband would be much happier if she went some place less expensive than London, so there is that! :) If Dundee is a safe place, that's much more important to me than it being attractive and charming. I suspect that the vast majority of cities in the UK are safer than the one in which we currently live, because I know the overall crime rate in the US is higher *and* where we live is worse than the average for the US.

Thanks, this is very helpful!

Thank you, I think I had run across this one in my searches. I'm completely ignorant of both locations, because London is the only place in the entire UK that I've ever been. But I will see what I can learn about them.

Honestly - I'd pick Bournemouth.  Dundee has a bit of a reputation for being rough - I don't know how that translates into figures, but I think you all might be more comfortable with Bournemouth.

• Like 1

Honestly - I'd pick Bournemouth. Dundee has a bit of a reputation for being rough - I don't know how that translates into figures, but I think you all might be more comfortable with Bournemouth.

Thank you, this is good to know.