Menu

Another Disneyland question--help planning a trip to Disneyland Paris?

Kerileanne99

So. There will be very little actually planning involved as we are thinking of making a visit as part of our Christmas trip, and need the quick lowdown. Where to stay, ease of travel, what are things not to be missed, food, etc...

Here are some specifics:

We are looking at being in Paris for 5-6 days just after Christmas. Not the most ideal time to go, but dd5 hasn't been yet and wants to include it as part of the trip. For obvious reasons, Disneyland is not at all on my list of top things to visit/see whilst in Paris...but with the weather we will be limited. Many of the days will be occupied by things such as museums that dd is excited about, but I KNOW we will need to give her a break:)

We are also thinking New Year's Eve day, Disneyland will be a fairly safe and exciting place for a child. Also that even though it is still Europe, it will be much more likely to meet the wheelchair/accessibility needs of myself, language barrier (rudimentary French only), and picky food issues of dd.

So. Any ideas? Anybody been recently? I just don't have a lot of time to plan, we leave for the UK portion of our trip next Friday! And honestly, it just seems like I have so many more important details of the trip to plan, that I have neglected this:)

Can anyone help?!

I haven't been recently. But, when we went in the past we stayed at a hotel outside of Paris proper that was in between Paris and Disney and was near a train stop.

One thing to keep in mind is that DLP doesn't stay open as late and the trains stop running at some point, so you have to make sure you plan for that.

You can get by with English there, no problem whatsoever.

I love all of the Tomorrowland rides because they are modeled after Jules Verne novels. So, instead of Space Mountain you have A Trip to the Moon.

I love, love, love DLP!  We've been several times.  Are you planning on staying there or just taking the train in from Paris?  The trains don't run much longer after the parks close.  It might be an hour or two, but I can't remember.  It is bloody, freaking cold in Dec.  We went to Paris a week before Christmas a few years ago, and there was snow everywhere (which was beautiful), but we couldn't stay outside long.  At DLP, you will be outside in the lines, so dress warmly, and IIRC some of the rides close if it's too cold (mostly outside roller coasters).

Their fantasy land is the best IMO.  Even with the new expansion to WDW in FL, which is nice, I like the one in Paris better.  Make sure you visit the dragon cave under the castle!  Tomorrow land is very cool.  It's much more interesting, than than the one in WDW, IMO.  Perhaps it'a all the Jules Vern stuff.  The rides are also better. ;)

English will not be a problem.  On the weekends it seems like there is more English spoken than anything else, because the Brits seem to invade.  I saw quite a few people in wheelchairs and scooters (not nearly as many as WDW, but some), and they didn't seem to have any problems.  I am a very, very picky eater (thank goodness my kids didn't inherit that!), because I have serious texture issues, and I didn't have any problems finding stuff to eat.

DLP is very, very expensive, especially with the exchange rate sucking so much, so be warned.  It's loads of fun though.  Enjoy your trip to Paris, and please, please, please eat a chocolate croissant (or 10) for me.

Thanks, somehow I missed the hours:)

Not that it will really matter, I don't think! It is going to be freezing cold, with the wheelchair (and me 21 weeks pregnant!) and a 5-year-old who has cold-sensitive after living her life only in Texas. Yesterday she was in a tutu and a tshirt to go to swim lessons:)

Something tells me we will be tucked back warmly into a hotel long before the park closes, lol.

I love, love, love DLP! We've been several times. Are you planning on staying there or just taking the train in from Paris? The trains don't run much longer after the parks close. It might be an hour or two, but I can't remember. It is bloody, freaking cold in Dec. We went to Paris a week before Christmas a few years ago, and there was snow everywhere (which was beautiful), but we couldn't stay outside long. At DLP, you will be outside in the lines, so dress warmly, and IIRC some of the rides close if it's too cold (mostly outside roller coasters).

Their fantasy land is the best IMO. Even with the new expansion to WDW in FL, which is nice, I like the one in Paris better. Make sure you visit the dragon cave under the castle! Tomorrow land is very cool. It's much more interesting, than than the one in WDW, IMO. Perhaps it'a all the Jules Vern stuff. The rides are also better. ;)

English will not be a problem. On the weekends it seems like there is more English spoken than anything else, because the Brits seem to invade. I saw quite a few people in wheelchairs and scooters (not nearly as many as WDW, but some), and they didn't seem to have any problems. I am a very, very picky eater (thank goodness my kids didn't inherit that!), because I have serious texture issues, and I didn't have any problems finding stuff to eat.

DLP is very, very expensive, especially with the exchange rate sucking so much, so be warned. It's loads of fun though. Enjoy your trip to Paris, and please, please, please eat a chocolate croissant (or 10) for me.

Thanks for this!

I think I will order dd some down pants to go with her jacket as she will turn into a whiny lump if she gets too cold...although if anything can keep her excited in those temps it may well be Disney:)

I know I should be thrilled and grateful and all of those things, but I think both hubby and I see this particular Disney trip more as a thing to suffer through:(

Well, maybe with the exception of the chocolate croissants!

The castle sounds great. None of the big rides will be an option for us. We went to Disneyland in California this summer (in August, see a horrible trend here?) and really only went on 3-4 small rides.

Still, I know it will be fun for the kiddo and will give her a bit of a break during our museum marathon:)