Menu

Why the new format is dangerous for me

I'm having too much fun here now.

I was here playing last night and decided to microwave some popcorn. I popped into the kitchen, got out the popcorn, pressed the 'popcorn' button on the microwave, and happily scurried back to my computer.

I heard the timer 'ding', but waited a couple of minutes before going back in to get my popcorn.

Then I heard dh hollering from the living room, "What's burning?"

"Nothing should be burning! There's nothing cooking!"

"Oh, yes, something is *too* burning! You need to get in here!"

Highly irritated at the idea of my surfing being interrupted, I walked into the kitchen . . . and found the entire room full of (stinky) smoke.

On the way to the microwave, I noticed my unpopped bag of popcorn lying on the kitchen counter.

Realizing that I 'popped' something other than the intended corn, I hesitantly opened the microwave and found Kitten's leftover cinnamon twisters from Taco Bell, which she had stored there to protect from our cat, who nibbles on anything she can get her paws on. The paper bag they were in had fused to their smelly, charred remains. Nasty stuff. My house still reeks this morning.

If I accidentally burn my house down, it's your fault. (Apparently, these new boards are so much fun they'll bring down the house!)

:p:):rolleyes: Too funny! I know what you mean - I made cookies yesterday and unfortunately the last batch came out very hard and crispy (NOT how I like my chocolate chip cookies!) I don't have your excuse though - my computer is IN the kitchen and I still let the cookies go too long! :p I think it is all the neat features on this website - I love the new format!

Yes, last week, even before the new board, I was on WTM and completely and totally broiled the nachos I was making for my dd. They started on fire. FIRE. The temps were below zero outside, but I had all our windows open. It still smelled 3 days later.