Menu

Dual Credit on the Common App --Where and transcripts

isaelijohjac

Hi there-I have been lurking for awhile and you all are a wealth of information. Thank you!

Background--D is graduating this year and has a few dual credits. 

I have included them on her transcript because they are hs credit. 

On the Common App do I enter the data for the school in universities attended (or something like that)? Or is that for transfer students only?

Do the schools require official transcripts? If so, how do I send them? Only one counselor can send a transcript electronically, so should they snail mail them? Or can this wait until she is admitted?

Thank you!

Yes, you enter the information about her college under colleges attended.  

Yes, they require official transcripts which can not come from you unless you have one in a sealed envelope from the college.  It's easier to just request that the college send their transcript directly to the colleges.   This is usually done by snail mail and can probably be ordered online.  Ask you daughter as she probably knows how to do that, or call or visit the college.   We also uploaded it along with the high school transcript so the info was on the common app.  Colleges will likely want to see this before sending an acceptance letter, so I wouldn't wait until she's admitted.