Menu

n/a

mom1234

Saxon K or Singapore Essentials. Or both. Or maybe just don't ask her the RS questions? Instead ask her to teach you. Or rephrase the questions in a more playful, natural way.

My kids can sniff out fake sounding scripted curricula a mile away and they will either be silly about it, or shut down. FLL was like this. I had to pre-read the lessons several days in advance and just randomly bring them up in normal conversation while doing normal things---washing dishes, playing outside etc. OPGTR, WWE---all the same scripted inauthentic sounding questions and statements.

My kids look at me like I've been body snatched by a robot when I ask one of those questions.

Maybe try that!! Ask the RS questions like a robot that she needs to feed the answers to!

I'm really not kidding,or being snarky. BTDT with my own kids. Scripted curricula can be effective, but it's also slightly ridiculous, and kids can sort of sense that ---so change it!

• mom1234 changed the title to n/a