Menu

Thoughts about teenage boy vanity...

Ginevra

Quill I thought about this thread yesterday when I took ds14 for a haircut. He was long past due for one....and I took him to a girl we had never been to before. He showed her a picture of himself the day he had his last cut and told her he wanted it like that. Um she didn't quite get it. It was MUCH shorter than he wanted and I could see the shock on his face when he looked in the mirror. I felt sooo sorry for him. I could tell he was on the verge of tears but he kept up a good front.

I was however very proud of him for processing it maturely. He asked me if I liked it and I told him he is so handsome he can't really have a bad haircut and although I prefer it longer he really looks good. He said when he got his last cut two of his friends ( one a girl) said it looked good and he liked that. I said well I know you are disappointed but it will grow back. Later he asked me again if he looked good and I reassured him yes. I asked him if he liked it and he said yes he did but was worried if others would like it. I just acknowledged that was understandable.

We won't be going back to her.