Menu

A huge thank you to the poster that recommended Times Tales the Fun Way.....

Allison TX

I posted early in July about my ds having a hard time memorizing the multiplication facts. There were several very helpful responses and someone suggested Times Tables the Fun Way.

It has been amazing!:)

We have been using it for the past few weeks and both my boys have all the facts (except the 9's) memorized! We will be working on the 9's over the next couple of weeks.

I was hesitant to buy it because I couldn't imagine it would actually work, but it has.:)

Anyway, thank you to whoever suggested I try it!:)

Allison

Hi Wendi. I ordered the entire program with the computer game, workbook, flash cards, textbook, and music cd.

The only things we have used are the textbook (story book) and flash cards.

My kids didn't care for the music cd and we just haven't gotten around to trying the computer game. I may use it for review this year.

Hope this helps!:)

Allison

Hi Jessica. I'm not sure if you would want to buy the whole program for just the 8's and 9's, but you do have a younger one who may need it in a few years, so it might be worth it.:001_smile:

There are 5 stories for the 8's. But for the nines they just give a couple tricks for making memorization easier.

All you would need are the flash cards and the story book.

Hope this helps!

Allison

Jessica, I just went to the site and it is kind of confusing. If you just wanted the multiplication facts, then you would need the book for $19.95 and the cards for $6.95.

If you wanted to do the division facts too, then you would also need the division cards for $8.95.

We haven't used the division cards yet, although they did come with the kit I bought. They are basically the times tales story and you find the missing part. I don't know if these will be helpful or not, but I do plan on trying them.

The kits are a good deal I guess, but I would have been fine with just the story book and flash cards. If your kids really like songs and computer games then the basic kit and the computer game would be good too. But then it gets pricey (close to $100 if I remember correctly).

Does this help? Please feel free to ask more questions if I wasn't clear.:)

Allison

Bump, okay previous users of Times Tales, tell Wendy and me what to buy. I think my dd8 will enjoy this, our math fact copywork is working for us but it's not very fun. She's stuck on 8's and 9's but has all the rest down pat.

Both of my boys have used the computer cd and the workbook. They'd watch the animated story on the cd then do a page in the workbook. I copied the workbook pages for review. They offer discounts on the cd periodically. Usually for half off. If you get on their e-mail mailing list, they'll send you a notice when they have a promotion. I bought the flashcards, as well, but didn't really need or use them.

Jessica, If you're dd is just stuck on 8's and 9's, this program won't be necessary. It really only covers the facts that you can't figuare out using other more common strategies.