Menu

Please tell me why you like (or really don't like) Scholaric

I'm thinking of taking the plunge into electronic record keeping. I need something very forgiving. Something I can teach dd9 to use to pull up her own list of daily to-dos.

Scholaric was recommended by a friend. Please tell me what you think about it.

I really like Scholaric.  It is the first online planner that I have actually used.  Most of them that I have tried take a lot of effort to learn to use.  I was able to quickly learn how to use Scolaric.  I also like the time it saves me during the year.  I entered all my lessons last summer.  During the school year, I just have to make minimal adjustments and print them out as needed.  I like the organized layout of the print outs too.  I also appreciate the affordable price and that I can communicate with the developer if I have a problem.  He is great to help you if you have any sort of difficulty.  The only think I really dislike about Scholaric is that sometimes it runs slowly.  It is a pretty minor nuisance for all the positives.

Suzanne

I love Scholaric. It is simple enough to accomplish what I need to do. It doesn't do every little thing but that's fine with me - I want something that can be used from day one with a very low learning curve.  I'm getting everything into Scholaric this summer so in the fall I will just print out daily checklists. I had a technical problem a few weeks ago and emailed the developer. He had it fixed by the time I checked my email the next morning!

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE Scholaric! Our school days, weeks, months, years, records, and goals, would NOT be running as smoothly as they are. I actually have recently begun using it for myself, the books I'm reading, my educational goals, and plans! Knowing that it's all in one place helps a lot, i'm not always running through my mind to make sure we have covered everything. I like double checking to see when we are going to finish a course, etc... and this allows for this in a simple way that i can trust. Gone are the days of a messy, marked through, homeschool planner. 

When I first began using it, everything was planned in one day, from first learning the software to, exhale it is done. I was dreading having to spend so much time using the other software options out there, and then continue to have to take longer to enter info than it does in scholaric.

There also has yet to be any other planner, or planning system that has helped us adjust our work to real life. For example if something happens that day or week that prevents us from finishing what we are working on, I just bump the day or subject to the next day, etc. If we have worked ahead I bump it earlier. This is my favorite feature.