Menu

I cannot seem to find the thread/s for American School - specifically their Essential Mathematics course - the one that most people seem to strongly dislike. 

Dd completed the first Essential Mathematics course and it was, without a doubt, the absolute worst math course I have ever encountered. At the time, we did not know that she could opt out of it. I wish that we had known this.
She has now received the second Essential Mathematics course. I haven't had much time to look at in detail. It looks rather unappealing (yet again).

Does anyone have any experience with this specific course?

Can she opt out of it?

Are there any benefits to just sticking with it? 

Thank you. 

Just wanted to add, if she needs the review, etc. then those Essential courses may be a good choice. But if not, or if she's already taken prealgebra, what 's the point?

My son struggles horribly with math. He completed TT Prealgebra in 8th grade and is now slowly working through AS Algebra 1.

I guess my point is, if you don't need the review, move on then. I guess all if this would also depend on the math sequence you have planned for high school.

Sheri