Menu

Just received son's test scores

Hi, I haven't shared with many but am still replaying the conversation with the school psychologist & team from last week's meeting after testing was completed. They told me my son's IQ is 144.

You all are here b/c your kids are gifted (or you suspect as such I presume)... so maybe you can tell me - should I be freaking out? 

I don't think everyone is on the board because they suspect their kids have high IQ, but I do think they all believe they are each capable of greatness :-)

Come check out threads on the Accelerated Learning board for more input on what to do with those scores. There are many different, and well formed, opinions about how to respond to the scores and help your gifted child through both the good and the difficult aspects of giftedness.

Welcome!

Oh, and I don't think you should be freaking out ;-) Sometimes we get news that is significant, but not easily interpreted (like this). There are lots of great online resources and books about giftedness and raising gifted children. Come on over to the Accelerated board and you can get a lot of help from others who have been in your same situation.

Thank you for the responses. Sorry, I am new to using these forums and hadn't meant to imply "why everyone was here" I only meant to say you all have so much more experience than me in this area! I appreciate your insight and will go to the Accelerated Board as I already have more questions! Thanks!