Menu

Crosspost: Aesop & Homer Accelerated?

I posted this on the Logic stage board, but I thought I should ask here too.  I'm wondering if anyone here has done this online tutorial, either as teacher training or for a student.  (I think it used to be called A & H in a month.)

Yes, I have used these materials, and they are very good.  I had older student and wanted to get through those levels quickly.  It took us more than a month; i.e. about three as I remember, but the included workbook condensed a ton of material in a way I could not.  Also, the tutorial is put together to help the teacher.  It is not meant for students to do independently.  I watched the lessons and taught the material.

Yes, I have used these materials, and they are very good.  I had older student and wanted to get through those levels quickly.  It took us more than a month; i.e. about three as I remember, but the included workbook condensed a ton of material in a way I could not.  Also, the tutorial is put together to help the teacher.  It is not meant for students to do independently.  I watched the lessons and taught the material.

Thank you!  Is the included workbook you mentioned a pdf?  I saw that in the tutorial description and it sounds like it is different from the Older Beginner workbook (which I have not seen).  Did you feel like the tutorial enabled you to implement the program well?  This is the main reason I'm looking at it.  We've been struggling with the implementation of Homer.  I listened to the How to Teach Homer tutorial and it seemed helpful at the time, but when it came to actually doing it on a day to day basis, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it.  So I thought maybe the Accelerated tutorial might give me a better picture of what a lesson could/should look like.