Menu

PAL writing without AAS?

nikkistone

Hi-

I'm interested in using PAL (Primary Arts in Language by IEW) -- but just the writing portion -- for my next year 2nd grader.  I'm happy with what we're currently using for spelling and I dont want to use All About Spelling (which is sold with PAL).  I realize I can buy just the PAL writing portion by itself, but I wanted to make sure that PAL assignments and teaching isn't too closely associated with AAS.

TIA!

The PAL link to AAS is "continue working on AAS lessons" essentially.  It is not closely linked it.  Really, it's more of their "suggestion" on what spelling to do.  All kids will master spelling at their own pace.

FWIW, I'm really loving PAL for my younger ds.  Older ds just finished IEW SWI-A

I disagree that "All kids will master spelling at their own pace." That is not my experience at all. I assume you meant using a program, of course. Still, no, not all kids will master spelling. My 60+ yr old Dad still hasn't. Thank goodness for spellcheck and people who DID master spelling!