Menu

New member intro

Guest jackie.mysak

Guest jackie.mysak

Hi,

I'm new to homeschooling, and will be starting this fall. We'll be doing Classical Conversations here in Rochester, MN.

I have a current 2nd grader who has attended a classical Christian school through 2nd grade. He'll do Saxon Math Intermediate 3 for Math this fall. He's a year ahead in phonics/language arts, so this next year (3rd grade) will be a kind of "bridge" or "gap" year until he can join the Essentials program with Classical Conversations. I've been debating what language arts curriculum would be best for him; I wanted something that will help him remember and review all the Saxon phonics/Shurley English he's done so far but that would also introduce sentence diagramming and book reports/writing. So we're going with Phonics Road to English for him (he'll be ignoring their manuscript handwriting and substituting cursive instead).

I also have a 5yo boy and a 4yo girl who will be starting school. They'll also do Saxon Math and then Logic of English for spelling/phonics/reading/handwriting. 

Good to be here!

Hello and Welcome!

Did you know that you can get the Saxon (Hake) grammar and Shurley English for homeschoolers?  Many people really like Rod and Staff for teaching solid grammar and diagramming.  Come on over to the k8 curriculum boards and you'll get much more input.

Best Wishes in your new homeschooling adventure!