Menu

What is your favourite resource that is...?

MelanieM

I would love to hear about some favourites in your homeschool! What is your favourite teaching resource (curriculum, website, game, etc.) that is...

...easy on you, the parent?

...a crowd-pleaser, where you and the kids are all thrilled?

...fun for your kids?

...not time intensive, short and to the point?

...a good way to take up an entire afternoon?

...a great reminder of why you wanted to homeschool in the first place?

...free?

Feel free to add any other categories of favourites that work for you as well! :D

...easy on you, the parent? FLL & WWE

...a crowd-pleaser, where you and the kids are all thrilled? CAP WR

...fun for your kids? CAP WR

...not time intensive, short and to the point? Not at first, it's taken is a good 6 months, but now that we have the swing of things, WRTR for spelling.

...a good way to take up an entire afternoon? Bravewriter poetry & free writes

...a great reminder of why you wanted to homeschool in the first place? Bravewriter, Bible, local museums & science center

...free? Hmmm, I guess the library, I dont think I use anything else that's free.

...easy on you, the parent? Sterling Math Facts

...a crowd-pleaser, where you and the kids are all thrilled? Teach Your Child to Read in Just 10 minutes a day.

...fun for your kids? Reading Eggs

...not time intensive, short and to the point? Apples and Pears by Sound Foundations

...a good way to take up an entire afternoon? Library Story (and craft) time

...a great reminder of why you wanted to homeschool in the first place? Relaxed read a loud and "tea time" in the afternoon

...free? Old Fashioned Education

...easy on you, the parent? CLE, Dancing Bears, Apples & Pears

...a crowd-pleaser, where you and the kids are all thrilled? This is my unicorn, I think. I haven't yet found it. GEMS units are kind of fun.

...fun for your kids? DD says Lial's BCM (this is me:  :huh:  - she's never liked math before), Atelier Art, Meet the Masters, Horrible Histories videos

...not time intensive, short and to the point? Phonetic Zoo, FLL4

...a good way to take up an entire afternoon? Mark Kistler's drawing lessons, baking, tumbling

...a great reminder of why you wanted to homeschool in the first place? poetry memorization, music, free time

...free? Ambleside Online, MEP

...easy on you, the parent?  outside classes like the art class we are taking this term

...a crowd-pleaser, where you and the kids are all thrilled? spring/ summer breaks

...fun for your kids?  tic tac toe with spelling words lol

...not time intensive, short and to the point?  FLL and WWE

...a good way to take up an entire afternoon? Museums, Aquariums, Zoos, or playing outside

...a great reminder of why you wanted to homeschool in the first place?  their excitement over experiments and seeing dd9 pick up a book to read on her own

...free?  the library

...easy on you, the parent? Reading Eggs
...a crowd-pleaser, where you and the kids are all thrilled? RS Math, SOTW
...fun for your kids? Home Art Studio and Creativity Express
...not time intensive, short and to the point? AAS/AAR
...a good way to take up an entire afternoon? History documentaries (we're nerdy that way)
...a great reminder of why you wanted to homeschool in the first place? any time my kids show off how much they know and people are impressed, my 4 year old recently schooled my MIL on the Trojan War for example
...free? Library, local home school program through the public school system