Menu

Diana Waring History Revealed Scheduling?

I am planning on using this in our schooling next year and am liking what I see.  I can't quite grasp how to schedule it.  Can any of you who have used this history curriculum please tell me what your days looked like as you worked through the 4 phases?

Like Phase 1 Day  we did....what exactly?  I am feeling a little dense, but I just don't get it :confused1:

There is a suggested schedule in the book.... possibly the teacher book but I can't exactly remember where. But I heavily modify the schedule to the point where I basically made up my own because I am using this with elementary kids so far.

Basically my schedule has us reading the article and listening to the audios during the first two weeks, the third week we do our timeline and work on "research" (basically the kids pick a topic to read about further, find books about it and write up a narration or report afterwards), and during the fourth week we do one day of map work and I assign related historical fiction or other books that go along with the unit. I kind of skip phase 4 completely, mostly because I wanted more time to go through the article and audios and at this point I can't imagine my kids coming up with big elaborate creative projects for history (maybe someday).

If you join the Sharing Diana Waring yahoo group, I uploaded my schedules to the files for Ancient Civilizations and Romans, Reformers, Revolutionaries. Hope this helps. :)